We took the kids to California the end of June and had a blast! We told the boys a few weeks in advance to "prepare" them so they wouldn't freak out while we were there. Some of the things we had to tell them were..."walking to the airplane we are going to walk down a long tunnel." Another, "if the plane bumps it is just because we are hitting some clouds." "Mickey Mouse is as big as daddy." Needless to say all of our warning and forwarning worked! They were both wonderful on the plane! So Agenda: We woke up early on Wednesday the 25th and flew out. Got to the Long Beach Airport and headed straight to Disneyland. Absolutely Magical!
On our way to the airport...
Because Burk was working at the airport at the time of our departure, we were able to park our car at base and take a rental into the airport to drop off for them. Here we are waiting for dad to bring back the car. Oh, and the whole time we are driving, Merric is asking... are we there yet?
The entertainment was great!
So after we got our new "white car" and had a quick bathroom break at the closest Target for Merric and a short nap for Kamden...We made it to Disneyland!
After I had Kamden, I got a little something called motion sickness. Planes, car rides, and especially Disneyland rides, don't go well with me. So, I got to take pictures of my cute boys, while Burk had the pleasure of taking them on the rides.
Walking into Disneyland I couldn't stop smiling. It was so cool to be there with my own kids. It is unreal to think that I am old enough to take my two kids to Disneyland. First ride Merric saw were the spaceships that go round and round. Burk was up... I got some pictures of them waiting in line watching and then on. Merric loved them! (thank goodness) Kamden, not so much...but he was definantly a trooper!
Random Pictures
I brought food with us on the airplane so we didn't have to spend our entire fortune on food at Disneyland. After we parked and got the kids all sunscreened up I made Turkey sandwhiches, we had pretzels and string cheese...fun stuff like that. I gave Kamden a string cheese to hold him off while I got his sandwhich ready. When I gave his sandwhich to him he set the cheese right on the parking lot, ate his sandwhich, and when he was done with that picked back up his string cheese and proceeded to eat that. Who needs paper plates?
We walked all the way from the back of the parking lot to the tram to take us to the gate only to discover that Kamden was soaked through. I had a back pack all prepared with water bottles, snacks, lotion, diapers, wipes, you know the goods...well, it was in the back of our rental car. We didn't want to walk the boys all the way back out there so right before the tram leaves I say to Burk really quick "should I go and I'll meet you at the gate" "ya, go" so I hop off and the tram leaves right away. The second I hop off the tram I turn around and stand there thinking...I have my car keys but not the rental car keys. I waited for the next tram, which took a lot longer to get to the front then the other one did. Burk saw me coming, knew I would be on that tram because the second I hopped off he remembered I didn't have the keys to the car either. So we went around and asked people with little kids if they had a diaper we could buy from them. Thank goodness I am not afraid of talking to people. We found a couple that had a little girl with pull ups, drangontale pull ups. We bought two!
DINNER
Our initial idea was to not buy food at Disneyland. By the end of the day we weren't really in the mood for a piece of bread with Turkey on it. So we went to a little cafe and ordered two sandwhiches, one for Burk and I to split and one for the boys to split. I asked the girl if we could get an extra plate or even a paper towel for the other half of the sandwhiches. I ordered one drink for me and the boys and Burk got a drink. She was the coolest waitress ever! She brought the boys out two souvenier cups that they loved and instead of two extra plates she brought out two extra servings of the fresh fruit as well. It looked like we ordered four meals. Needless to say we spent less then $20 on dinner but gave her a fat tip!
The day ended sooner then had hoped but was worth the $188.00 it cost to get the three of us (Kamden was Mickey's Guest) in. Merric and I found a comfy rock to watch the fireworks while daddy went on Indiana Jones. Lucky for the stray stroller we found, or I would have been holding two sleeping boys by the end of the night. The second those fireworks stopped, Merric was out as well. We carried them to the tram and Merric woke up on our way to the car. I told him to say goodbye to Disneyland and he started crying. He didn't want to leave.
So there you have it. I finally figured out how to blog so now I need to back up and do before our vacation. Keep in mind this is the first day and there is more to come, but I am excited to get this one out.
Enjoy!





2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time, the pictures where fun!
If you put your curser at the end of your post (right after you last word) and hit the delete key (Del) it'll make your post look right, and not have so much left over. Call me if that doesn't make sense.
WOW!!!Thanks for sharing your awesome day at Disneyland with us. The pictures are so much fun!!! These are memories you will have forever. Love you!!! Mom
Post a Comment